Recently, I’ve switched countries and now I’m no longer in Shitsville –geographically, that is. Will that fact affect the permanence and validity of my avatar in some way? The answer is no; Shitsville is a frame of mind, a lifestyle you could say. Shitsville is as large as life itself, encompassing everything smaller which fits inside it, like career, seduction and sex, friends, hobbies, general attitude toward life and so on. It is a lens through which you can look at the World, just like chemistry, or paranoia. It is the second law of thermodynamics applied to everyday existence; in short: give things enough time and see all going to shit eventually. I like that. I’m a big entropy fan.
If I really wanted to jerk myself off intellectually, I’d say that’s the essence of sigma. Wanting to get laid and learn good game, but inwardly being irritated by women and one’s dealings with them. That essence, I decided, I’m not going to try and change. Not like I’m a misogynist, but I don’t have an interest in women beyond what little pleasure they can give me now and then. You could say I only give a fuck about girls I fuck, and not all of them for that matter. And I do consider females to be a distraction. More than just a distraction, a drug of sorts. I’ve come to the point of comparing the effort I need to put in to get laid to the hustle which an addict must endure to get his next dose. In our case, many of us are striving for the next dose of pussy. And from time to time the realization hits me that perhaps I’m wasting my life trying to get inside the next girl’s panties, that there should be a higher purpose to life than satisfying a desire that can’t be really satisfied. Then, I hold my cum in for a few days and this realization loses all meaning and rutting a new, fresh supple girl becomes my number one priority in my agenda. My hormones and the obsessive desire to break the quality ceiling with reasonable consistency are the only things that get me going in this hamster wheel. Biology and one’s ego are two motherfucking tyrants, man. I’m beginning to see why guys who’ve been grinding it for a decade or more – like Roosh, and maybe Krauser – are itching to bail out and turn their efforts to something else. It makes sense to want to change the goal when the current one is no longer satisfying, or it is no longer perceived to being able to bring about some significant change or improvement in one’s life.
Anyway, rant’s over. Without the intention of getting over-philosophical, let’s arbitrarily go over the differences between “daygame fatigue” and “daygame burnout”. There is nothing new under the sun, and I’m sure the subject has been written about in many post ad nauseam. This is merely a subjective attempt at a description of the symptoms and effects, and ways I’ve found to deal with them. The main difference between these two, I would argue, is that the former is usually a result of relatively extended periods of grinding it out with little to no result. The latter comes about independently from succeeding at getting laid, or failing at it, and it usually precedes what Krauser calls “hollowing out”. Let’s go about the signs and symptoms of both and possible ways to overcome them – bear in mind that this is based in my personal experience, personality quirks , genetics, state of mental health, stool consistency, etc all of which may influence the reader in a particular way and thus render this analysis useless.
- Mechanical sets with no life to them and very little comfort provided to aid the “normalization” of the conversation. The daygamer often feels he’s blabbing the same lines over and over again and while chatting up the girl, he’s thinking in the back of his mind: “This will not work. I suck at this. Did I really expect this would work on a high value woman? God, I suck at this”
- Recurrent thoughts that this I’m doing has nothing to do with having sex. Increasing lack of patience fueled by the intermittent viewing of pornography (with or without masturbation). It’s easy to forget that if you want to harvest mangos, you need to forget temporarily about the delicious fruit and deal with things that don’t look, or feel, or smell, or taste remotely as mango. I.E.: soil, water, sunlight, gardening tools, farming garments.
- In my case, the fatigue accumulates over the days when I go out for a few days in a row, and it usually sets in around the 30th set, which is reached between the second and fifth sessions. By the third consecutive day I know I’m going in at least mildly fatigued, and thus my patience and mental grit are considerably impaired and my vibe flattened. I tend to prematurely leave sets by just walking away without a word but “good luck”, sometimes even mildly irritated – not at the girl, though… I know it’s nothing personal.
- A mild to considerable loss of libido, which goes away with an adequate cholesterol intake and a good night’s rest. This can be felt at the beginning of the sessions, when I’m still not warmed up which means I haven’t yet basked in the feminine sexual energy of a crackling set. It can also happen in the middle of the session when I’ve lost momentum and I spent too much time between sets.
- Decreased selectivity of targets. I noticed I experience an increasing tendency to open sets “for the sake of it” when I feel the fatigue taking over. This is particularly true if I haven’t choked the chicken in a few days. I wonder if it’s better to hunt with an empty tank – or pair thereof. In my experience, girls are way more attracted when you can feel the weight of baby batter between your legs, but I tend to feel overly horny and go for chicks I know I will want to get rid of as soon as I cum. I will have to run serious experiments on this subject.
Daygame fatigue is short-lived and usually it goes away after a particularly good session, or just after a few days of rest. A quick fix to the libido problem that works for me is to have ready a specific porn scene I know that gets me horny in my phone (I have many girls I fucked on tape), and watch it while walking the streets. If I am caught by a hot girl, I can always accuse her of being a pervert and a snoop. Stopping briefly for coffee, or food, or simply sitting down on a park bench also help mitigate the effects of fatigue. Bear in mind that a big part of the fatigue is due to the long walks. What I do when my feet ache is to switch to “camper mode”; that is, sit somewhere, wait until an attractive girl walks by and then spring into action.
- Existential funk that lasts weeks on ends. You can feel you have no control over your life and, of course, daygame is to blame in your mind. You get this sense of urgency which manifests itself as a voice that tells you there are other more important things you need to get your arms around.
- Your desire to interact with girls wanes along with your sexual intent, and this lasts for weeks sometimes. Like the last thing you want to do in the world is to try and pick up a chick, even if she throws herself at you. You avoid scenarios where you know you could make something happen with a girl… if only you would make the minimum of effort.
- You much prefer being in the company of males. Some girl hits you up to make plans maybe, and you fuck it up by deliberately not showing intent or being over douchey. Or you don’t even reply. When you notice there’s some game to be done, you drop off in the middle of the conversation. You know you’ll puke your guts out if you have to play push/pull , play cool or go through a frame battle.
- You start getting other pointless, obsessive hobbies to fill the vacuum which your daygame left when you suddenly stopped playing the game. Conversely, you start to analize the quality of the girls’ game (as if such thing existed) instead of trying to fuck them. You discard a prospect, rationalizing that she “has no game”.
- You begin to have bluepill chodey daydreams of a wife, a family and living together. These go away soon, if you’re lucky and you get back to sanity. You realize you just needed some time off.
- You actually enjoy spending time with “normals”. You begin to admire guys who have other obsessive endeavours that have nothing to do with seduction. The freakier and more irrelevant sexually, the more you admire them.
Burnout can be a tough bone to crack, since its effects are insidious and it accumulates over the months or even years. It’s important to recognize that this is an aspect of cold approach, and daygame especially, which must be seriously considered. I estimate I’m well over 2500 approaches now, and I can definitely say that burnout hits me hard when the sessions accumulate, even if I get moderate results with girls of acceptable quality. I think my first semblance of daygame revulsion got to me at around the 1k mark, then again at around 2k and now I’ve taken over two months off; even if my mojo was renewed with that well deserved holiday, things do tend to take on a repeat. Aside from taking time off the clock and balancing your life outside of pickup, a good wingman who is also your friend is worth millions in the bank. Oh yes, and – don’t hang me for saying this – a normal boyfriend / girlfriend relationship is also very important (don’t worry, it will end soon enough so you won’t be “trapped” or “losing value in the SMP”).